One of our objectives is to continue to engage with local businesses to reduce single use plastic.
Businesses can fight plastic waste and the pollution it causes by eliminating single-use plastic and committing to alternatives.
The benefits for the business include:
- Doing the right thing for the environment.
- Attracting customers who want sustainable alternatives.
- Being recognised by Surfers Against Sewage.
The steps for certification are:
- Register with your local Plastic Free Communities team.
- Audit your business – what have you stopped using, what can you stop using, or what can be replaced with a sustainable alternative.
- Implement the changes
- Confirm at least three changes with your local Plastic Free Communities team.
- Once you have been certified, your local team will promote your success.
See the Business Toolkit for more details.
The following Crowthorne business have been certified as Plastic Free Business Champions by Surfers Against Sewage: